Monday, August 3, 2009

Applesauce and Cod

Funny how kids can make anything work. Tonight our 2 year old dipped her crispy cod nuggets into her applesauce and enjoyed it as if they were meant to be eaten together. Our children are often masters of putting odd things together and just making it work. Their imagination and openness to new possibilities in unending.
Why can't I be that way? I know I'm not the only adult who struggles to put the pieces of life together and make them work. When did I lose that childlike ability to be more open to possibility, change, growth, risk. Our darling daughter took the risk that the applesauce and cod would most likely taste like crap. But she went ahead, dug in, tried it and loved it!
We have recently taken on a new venture in our family... One that I am struggling to jump into with all of my passion and energy. I love the idea. I trust the person in charge with all of my heart. I am still afraid of uncharted waters. The freedom and growth that this "change" will give us in our lives could be amazing.
I think that from now on I must look at our world through the eyes of a child. Fear will only keep me from experiencing the many joys that are waiting.
Maybe tomorrow we will all try applesauce and cod for dinner...

No comments:

Post a Comment