Thursday, March 19, 2009

Vaseline on the cat...

OK, so you all need to know that first off, I am a really good mom. I really do watch my kids very closely to make sure that they don't get into things... However, I have a two year old who operates like a stealth bomber and has arms like gumby. So, anyways, awhile back, as I cleaned and did laundry my stealth baby found her way into the bathroom to a container of Vaseline. Now before I tell you what she did with the Vaseline...I must tell you about our beautiful cat. Our cat, Oz, is a handsome thing. He is a Ragdoll cat with soft, long, fluffy hair. Oz has a great, easy going personality. He lets the girls dress him, put ribbons in his hair...you get my point. So, back to the Vaseline. Where childen are concerned, quiet is NEVER a good thing unless there is sleep involved. As I went to check on my little one, the first thing I noticed was a pair of greasy smudged hand prints on the door...oh wait on the wall, too. Oh crap! Where is she...? I hear giggling...oh crap...that's even worse. Now as I round the corner to our bedroom I am fully expecting the worst. And, sure enough, there she is, in the corner loving on the cat with her thickly coated Vaseline hands. I pulled her away from the cat and tried to put on my tough as nails mom face. Into the bathroom I go with her. I sit her in the middle of the bath mat and point my finger to express my disappointment with her. Then....I turn to the poor cat...which, of course, is when I could no longer keep a straight face. Poor Oz, frozen in the corner, covered with Vaseline.
Now we jump to the present day. The cat has been bathed SO many times...and still greasy fur and clumps of matted fur. I finally broke down and called the vet (who is also the person that we got Oz from.) Now, our cat with beautiful, long, fluffy hair.....will be BALD! It is the only way to fix him... Don't worry, I will definitely post a picture once the shaving is done...

Until next time...

18 comments:

  1. I know your blog is new but what a fun start you are off to! You're right, with kids in the house, blogging is a great way to write the fun stuff down, even though it might not seem funny at the time. My stories are usually about our 5yo.

    welcome to blogging, so glad I found you at the party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, No! your poor, poor cat!

    Kids can certainly be creative. Which is why it is so hard to think of all the things you should forbid. I am sure you never thought "I need to tell them to never coat the cat with vasoline"

    I found you at the party, welcome to blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, yes the temptation of vaseline.... my almost two year old had a party with vaseline, only it was all over herself. Her hair was so, so, so greasy, it took forever to get it clean,. Thankfully it wasn't very long when it happened, I never thought I'd being rejoicing over her baldness, but that day I certainly was :)
    Oh, and I loved your description: Stealth Bomber- ain't that the truth!

    Great post! Welcome to the land of blogging- you're gonna LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Funny - it reminds me of the time my son covered the neighbor's hamster with toothpaste! I couldn't stop laughing to scold him!

    Welcome to the world of blogging!

    Candace

    www.frugalindy.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun memory to have for future use! Poor kitty having to be bald. We had a cat we had to shave, she was quite distressed that her long persian fur was all gone. She was quite a vain cat. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh No! But why am I laughing so hard. I'm so sorry.

    I constantly have to tell the husband that when it comes to kids quiet is NOT a good thing unless they are indeed sleeping!

    I want to see pics :)

    Nice to meet you!

    Talk about a party!

    I'm quite intrigued and am learning how to get around!

    Just stopping by from 5minutes for moms blog party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL!! I have a two year old that would love to play with yours! What trouble they could get into together!! I enjoyed meeting you! Have fun blogging and welcome to the party!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to the blogging world and to the party. Nice to meet you. Let me know if I can help you in anyway with your blog experience. Happy spring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is funny.
    Would love to see a picture of your cat!

    Just passing threw the UBP '09, glad I stopped by. It's so nice to meet so many new people. Enjoy the rest of your week ;O)
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm stopping by from the UBP. It's nice to "meet" you! Great story! You have a very patient and child-loving kitty ~ to be dressed up and covered with vaseline! Have fun with your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello! I popped over from the UBP so it's nice to meet you! I loved this! Your poor cat.

    When my youngest as two he once followed the dog around and poured a half empty gallon of milk on her and then he poured orange juice on her too (dear hubby was in the bathroom at the time). What a mess as it got on the rug too.

    I won't even go into the glitter incident..hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay, I'm a follower so you'd better post more pics! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL! Gotta love kids. Party hopping and participating too so stop in for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my lol, that sucks (for the cat) but i wouldn't be able to contain my laughter during that. Visit me for the UBP 2009.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi...fellow UBP "partier" stopping by! Welcome to blogging- it is soooo addicting, hehe!

    Party on!~

    Irene@ Happy Healthy Families.com (come by and check out my giveaways!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi,I am here visiting from UBP2009. Great story.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I don't mean to laugh- but that's funny. I don't care who you are!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey Sarah-

    Sorry to laugh but this is the funniest thing that I have heard in a while. :)

    I am just stopping in from The Ultimate Blog Party to say hello. Come by my place to enter to win a LeapFrog Tag Reading System and some books by pledging to read to your child everyday. You can also enter to win a pair of Girl's Crocs - Size 8/9. :)

    Stacie
    The Divine Miss Mommy
    http://www.thedivinemissmommy.com
    http://www.twitter.com/stacieinatlanta

    ReplyDelete